Monday, June 7, 2010

I have decided something.

I am going to post at least once a week every week this summer, as long as I'm home.

Now this is where YOU come in.

If I do not post once every week this summer, you have every single right to yell at me, scream at me, shout at me, etc. In fact, I'm begging you to.

So let's start with the past seven days to catch up.

Last Tuesday, I realized that June had begun and I really needed to hustle to get whatever school I have left done if I ever wanted to have a real moment of summertime. I promptly began despairing about this because I really do have a loooot more of World History left than I really want to have left and I saw absolutely no possibility of ever finishing that enormous behemoth of a book. But I set up a schedule for myself, which I uh...haven't really gotten to yet, but there IS a reason.

My lovely grandmother arrived from Wyoming on Wednesday, and so I was busy helping my mom try to get our guestroom ready (which wasn't an easy task since Bryan's suitcase had pretty much erupted all over and even though he tried stuffing it back in there, he wasn't extremely successful), AND I had to practice piano since I had a lesson with the guru that day, and I really had to work on a Kabalevsky Toccata which I couldn't wait to be done with (and he did end up letting me off of it that day! woot woot for practicing). So with all that, no, I didn't get around to my World History. But I DID read a chapter of chemistry on the way to Sugarland and back without falling asleep, so I don't feel too bad about the whole thing.

Thuuursday, I got up at 5:30, showered, ate a muffin, then went on the road to the Sapps' beautiful home, where we picked up the amazing Grace, Joey, and Mrs. Sapp to go to Andrew Pudewa's conference for brillant writing and all that jazz. But it was actually a lot better than I expected! Except for the fact that my first timed essay was really horrible, and my second one was pretty much all made up (which is actually ACCEPTABLE by the SAT people. So don't judge me). Especially the part where I said Handel was inspired by a performance by Scarlatti--even though I don't think they ever even met. But it was still fun. Pudewa's name is fun to say, and he's a very funny person when he's not talking about Dress Up's and Sentence Openers. And the Sapps are just awesomely fun to hang out with, so it was automatically fun. Ending the day with a phone call from Kaley and then remembering I had church music practice 30 minutes after the practice had started, it was a lovely day.

Friday, I left to babysit my wonderful charges at 8:00 in the morning. It all went smashingly, besides the fact that the 3 year old almost ate his older sister's medicine, the 9 year old almost fainted, and that I had to clean up nigh unmentionable substances from the 3 year old's underwear. But I survived it all, and lived to tell the tale. And then I got to go to my FIRST REAL BASEBALL GAME EVER, when I saw the Astros play the Cubs, and I HAD FUN. I never thought I'd have fun at a baseball game where I didn't know anybody. But I did. And I got cotton candy, and the Astros won, so it was a good deal all around.

Saturday, Andy graduated from high school, leaving me the last kid still not in college. I'm gonna miss having him around...a lot. But he'll only be 45 minutes away, so it's not terrible. Just bad.

Sunday was lazy and thunderstormy. And just perfect in general. God is so wonderful :)

And today! Did I do any World History, you ask? No. But I did practice piano a lot. And that's a bad excuse. I need you guys to keep me accountable for that too. Send me an email. No, even better, CALL ME! Just tell me to get it done or I can't go to camp. (I'd go to camp anyway, but I really need incentive.)

Tomorrow is the last day with my grandma while she's here, so my mom and I are taking her to Rice Village to see all there is to see. Should be fun, I say!

And now, I's tired and I's going night-night. Sweet dreams, loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment